Reboot vs. reset yallo Home Box
Please note the difference between rebooting the router (= restarting) and resetting it: When it is reset, the router is returned to the factory settings, i.e. any configurations you may have made (such as encryption) are lost.
Reboot the yallo Home Box
If you have connected your computer to the modem using a router but your computer cannot go online, then your router (cable or WLAN router) needs a restart (reboot) so that it renews the IP address.
- Disconnect the router from the power supply for about 30 seconds
- Connect the router to the power supply again
- Wait until the flashing status of the router indicates "ready"
Reset the yallo Home Box
You can reset the yallo Home Box via the router interface:
- Open the Internet browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address line
- Search for the “Settings password" at the bottom side of your modem (see figure “Access data”)
- After you are logged in, please go to the sidebar menu (top right) and click on "Maintenance" and then on "Backup/Restore".
Important: When performing the restore or reset, the internet connection will be interrupted.
Reset of yallo Home Fiber Box 1:
On the bottom of the yallo Home Fiber Box 1, it has a small hole with a tiny button in it. If you push the button with the tip of a paper clip or pencil and hold it for more than 5 seconds, a reset will also be performed.