What is a frequency band?
A frequency band refers to a particular frequency range within which signals can be sent. WLAN waves can be transmitted via the two frequency bands 2.4 GHz (GHz = gigahertz) and 5 GHz. These differ in speed and distance.
What is the difference between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz?
In short, the 2.4 GHz network radiates further but is therefore slower, while the 5 GHz network is faster but does not reach so far. Generally speaking, however, the 5 GHz network is used less and therefore offers a better connection
Both frequency bands – 2.4 and 5 GHz – are activated at the same time on the Giga Connect Box. The modem selects the better frequency automatically.
Do you want to deactivate a frequency band?
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in your computer’s Internet browser.
- You will find the password on the bottom of your modem under Settings password».
- On the left, click on Advanced settings -> Wireless -> Wireless signal.
- Set the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency network to «deactivate».
- Confirm the changes by clicking on «Adopt changes».