A faster Internet speed in four steps
- Try placing your yallo Home Box in different locations in your home. Locations near windows are a ideal. You can also check under the heading "Where is the best location for my yallo Home Box?"
- Restart your yallo Home Box after placing it in a different location
- Keep an eye on the speed at different times over the next couple of days to get a conclusive result
- If the network coverage in your area is weak, you can connect an external antenna to your Box to improve mobile reception. There are two external antenna ports on the back of your yallo Home Box. You can look up the 4G coverage at your place of residence on this map: Network coverage Switzerland
Where is the best location for my yallo Home Box?
To get the best speed from your Home Box, you should position it in a way that ensures the best possible connection to the mobile network. For this, see the following tips:
- Near a window: To get the very best high-speed 4G signal, place your yallo Home Box near a window.
- Not on the floor: The radio waves the Home Box transmits spread out sideways and down.
- Free-standing and on an unobstructed surface: Shelves or drawers, especially those made of metal, dampen the radio signal if you place the Home Box on/in them
- In the room and on the floor where it will be used most: The yallo Home Box transmits relatively few radio waves upwards. The WLAN signal can therefore become weaker across floors
Which disruptive factors can slow down the yallo Home Box?
- Other electrical devices in the same room
Avoid placing your yallo Home Box near to a TV, microwave, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Old devices on WLAN
Avoid using old devices on WLAN. Any older devices you may have connected to WLAN that only support an older standard (e.g. iPhone 3G, Playstation 3 and any devices older than 2009) affect the performance of all devices on the network
The map shows outdoor network coverage. Depending on the building's construction method, thickness of the walls or the insulation, there may be reduced network performance in buildings. If you are unsure whether you have good reception in your home, it would be best if you could test the network quality before ordering, using a yallo or Sunrise prepaid SIM and a mobile phone.
The actual speed of mobile Internet for home use depends on a few factors because mobile Internet is "shared access." The number of devices that use the same mobile network cell plays an important role. One network cell only has a certain level of performance capacity. In order to ensure the fairest possible distribution of the performance, it is distributed among the connected devices. As a result, very high utilization of the network cell can lead to reduced Internet speed.
If you have followed all of the steps described here but your Internet speed continues to be unsatisfactory, then please contact us. We will be happy to help.