If you reject or cannot accept a call, the caller hears a recorded announcement and can leave a voicemail message for you. On the iPhone, Visual Voicemail lets you view a list of your messages. From this list, you can select which messages you want to listen to or delete.
To activate Visual Voicemail on your iPhone, text "VVM on» to 935 (there will be no charge). To deactivate it, text «VVM off» to 935.
Set up voicemail
The first time you type in voicemail, your iPhone will prompt you to set a password and record a greeting.
- To record your own greeting, select the option «own» under Voicemail/greeting .
- Tap the Record button to start recording. «Stop» will stop the recording.
- If you want to use the standard greeting, select the «Standard» option.
Visual Voicemail shows you the list of messages that you can listen to in any order.
Retrieve voicemail messages
Tap «Phone» and your iPhone will show you the number of missed calls and voicemail messages that you have not yet listened to.
- Select Voicemail to display the list of messages. The messages you have not yet listened to are highlighted in the list.
- Tap on a message to listen to it. Use the Pause button to pause playback and then press «Start» to continue playback.
- Your messages will remain available as long as they are stored in your voicemail.
- You can access all available contact information and add it to your address book or send an e-mail or SMS to the caller.